About Me

My photo
I don't make this stuff up

Sunday, January 16, 2011

KenNitro Vs The Facility: The WAR REPORT


So there was this huge ice storm that hit Carrollton, and as usual the people of this town and any other town in Georgia did not disappoint. All the bread and ALL the eggs were purchased with the veracity of angry wilder beast. I even went to the store myself, late and I picked up a loaf of bread too. I actually already had eggs, so while I still fell into the madness it was more of a casual walk.

The snow was a crucial moment at the facility and if you read my previous blog you know the decision I made and the perilous journey to work. I along with the “Professional Wild Boyz” did in fact go and “Get dis Money HO!!!!!”

However, in preparation for such an even there was a great email sent that in a very professional said the following “Regardless of the weather, get yo ass to work. There will be repercussions, no one will be over looked.”

It was wild, after I decided that I was going to risk it on the road, I started to get hype. I started to feel like how I guess you should feel if the zombie apocalypse was going to happen and you had a six hour head start on the whole thing. I put together an anti-cabin fever package containing all things necessary for such an event as this epic snowpocalypse.

First on my list was food. I know for a fact that the children of the facility will have their nutritional needs taken care of and just like on airplanes where it says put your air mask on before you help someone else, I had to make sure I had food for me so I can handle all situations at work.

Second, my toothbrush.

Third, a 24 pack of cokes, see the soda fountain might have been available for my caffeine needs, but like I said earlier, this is the cold weather version of zombies coming to eat my brains, I can’t take the chance that the machine is off and I can’t get a coke. I can promise you there would have been a death, and I could prolly tell you right now which child would be made the example and which one would be the object lesson.

Forth, my Xbox 360. This time it was for me. On rare occasions I disable my entertainment hub for the kids but I figured if I am going to be snowed in, I need to have something to give me the idea that I am not at work.

Finally, the mental preparation to know that sleep will be what I am working for not without.

Seriously, I worked about 23 hours and had maybe an hour worth of sleep. Sleeping was not really an option because there is a third shift from 11-7 that had to be covered, but there were enough to where we could sleep in shifts, but I like most of my coworkers would rather go without sleep than not get enough. Around 10 that morning I was coaxed into taking a nap because my actual shift did not start until 3, but I am working the 1st shift from 7-3. I sleep for about five hours in an office with a locked door, I could actually relax.

I worked my shift and finally made it home Tuesday night/Wednesday morning at 12 am.

What is funny is how some people at work apparently have their nose turned up at the people who made the inverse decision to stay home. Honestly, I don’t blame them. I live 13 miles from work and there are those at work that live 45+ miles from the facility.

I was reading all over facebook how folks suffered from cabin fever and all this snow related nonsense. I would have killed to have been at my house during this stuff, but you know this flat screen tv is not going to pay for itself.

FACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment