About Me

My photo
I don't make this stuff up

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Frontline Vol.9: I can't make this stuff up

So, this past Saturday I decided to check out the new bar in Carrollton “The den” with my buddy Dolph, this bar is like most others of its kind: Booze, a band, an assortment of women from scary skinny to scary over weight and then any combination of the two with prison tats and missing teeth. Nothing to out of the ordinary, but I digress

I sat there drinking a pitcher with Dolph and our insanely gorgeous friend Gina whom was already there laughing and catching up on summer adventures in the weeks since the mansion closed. Since that lovely establishments closed its doors everyone has been struggling to find a place to lose the loves that they have and find new ones…at least for the evening at least. None the less, I always enjoy hanging with the bar crowd, hell they made a show about it (cheers reference).

So anyway, there are this townie’s that fancy themselves as a dance group. AS IF. At most they are a group of guys that come to the bar to not drink but demand space on the dance floor with the promise of cool dance moves, when all I have seen is a bunch of shake dancing and ticking…. They have one legit b-boy in the group but that is about all they have. So as we are discussing the above mentioned one of the bartenders comes over and advises us that “It is soooo about to be on”.

What’s about to be on?

This was the question on my mind, lately I am all about watching bouncers do their job and cosigning the bravery involved in wrestling drunken adults to the ground, but this was so not what “it” was. What it was has no real explanation, and I have to qualify this before I go any further by saying this:

You know me, I say a lot of funny things, but this shit I cannot make up.

The answer to the above question was that the group of guys dancing was in fact beefing with another group of dancers because….WELL WHO GIVES A FUCK REALLY

But, apparently they use to be one crew and there was a split and now there are two groups and they don’t like each other and they could get to fighting. I looked over the bartender at the two guys dancing on each other and only two words came to mind.

That’s gay.

So, the sociologist came out and it was time for my favorite game. Participant Observation with control factor KenNitro, I wanted to see just what all this beef was about and how could a guy that was vogue(ing) and another guy that was popping and locking could find a way to actually start fighting. So as I stood on the edge of the circle I realized that I need to get in with this core group…

What could I do?

I had limited options of space and I’m not equipped to handle a b-boy outside of the 1st round, I didn’t have a partner to put their hands under my arms from behind and do jazz hands while I move my head from left to right, no one was c-walking.

Ladies and Gents, I was in the shit! I am out there in the circle with no way out but my wits and my mad skills that I got from every 80’s dance movie. So I did what any one would do.

I did the bill cosby.

Oh, you don’t know what that is? YOUTUBE ACTIVATE!!!!!!



Well…Gina pulled me out but the fact still remains

Men in dance groups that are beefing with other men and Va jay jay are not a factor in it is gay…or at least fairly odd.


To think, I was all but done with the frontline series. I guess I needed another bar to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment